Pros of Electric Fireplaces
- Electric fireplaces are very economical to operate. Most cost only pennies per hour.
- You can enjoy the ambiance of a fireplace in the middle of a 100 degree summer day.
- They are completely ventless and emission free. This offers a versatility of having a fireplace anywhere a electric outlet is available. Even including a bathroom.
- Electric fireplaces offer heat immediately at a push of a button or remote.
- Ever searched for the missing candle lighter? Not with an electric fireplace.
- Since they are one of the most efficient heating sources. Movie nights can not only be more enjoyable with the addition of an electric fireplace but they can also decrees your heating bill. Simply turn your thermostat down while everyone is enjoying the movie with you.
Pros of Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Portable tabletop ethanol fireplaces are easy to carry from room to room or to your patio outdoors.
- Similar to electric fireplaces, bio ethanol fireplaces do not require a chimney or venting. Ethanol fireplaces are perfect in any room whether living in an apartment, condo, house, commercial use and even outdoors.
- Ethanol fireplaces use ethanol fireplace fuel which is denatured alcohol. Burning alcohol does not produce fumes, ashes or soot build up. Simple real flame without the harmful toxins created by wood and gas.
- Simple operation of pouring fuel into a burner and light with an extended candle lighter.
- Ethanol fireplace is the most eco-friendly option as the fuel is plant based in comparison to electricity that is produced from coal or natural gas that are not ozone-friendly.
- During power failure, ethanol fireplaces can be used as a source of heat.
- If using outdoors, can add citronella oil to the fuel to repel insects.
Cons of Electric Fireplaces
- An electric outlet must be present and if trying to hide the power cord, will need an electrician to add an outlet where the fireplace is being mounted.
- Not of use during a power outage.
- As realistic as electric fireplaces are, they will never replace a real flame.
Cons of Bio Ethanol Fireplaces
- Need to purchase fuel.
- Cannot operate without heat.